Embrace the way the frosty weather makes our faces look
Ah screw it, it’s winter, let’s embrace it. Let’s highlight the particular way the cold weather makes our noses red, the way the wind and rain leaves our eyebrows tortured, our cheeks ruddy. At Issey Miyake, models’ freckles were accentuated, too, giving the illusion that they’d been out walking briskly as sun reflected off snow: that particular, peculiar winter glow.
Get the look
1. Benetints £25.50, benefitcosmetics.com
2. Soleil Eye and Cheek Palette £98, tomford.co.uk
3. Pot Rouge in Pale Pink £22, bobbibrown.co.uk
4. Guerlain Densifying and Shaping Eyebrow Pencil £20, debenhams.com
5. Cloud Paint £15, glossier.com
6. Clinique Just Browsing in Deep Brown £18, johnlewis.com
7. Lip & Cheek Stain in Pink Hibiscus £8, thebodyshop.com
8. Shape and Shade Brow Tint £19.50, maccosmetics.co.uk
9. RMS Lip2Cheek in Demure £34, selfridges.com
10. Nars Dolce Vita Liquid Blush £23, debenhams.com
11. Lumene Invisible Illumination Watercolor Blush £22.50, lookfantastic.com
Don’t look twice
Aldi’s new selection of beauty ‘dupes’ look uncannily similar to products by Charlotte Tilbury (Broadway Shape & Glow, £6.99), Nars (Lacura Blush, £5.99), Benefit (Too Legit Mascara, and Aloha Bronzer, both £5.99), and Smashbox (Snapshot Ready Foundation Primer, £5.99).
Beauty Pie has revealed its first fragrance collection – and it’s delicious. The three scents are created by Frank Voelkl (of Le Labo Santal 33 fame), and while they cost £125, for members that price drops to £18.13 (beautypie.com).
Expert lip service
The fabulous makeup artist Lisa Eldridge has launched her debut lipstick line, a trio of lightweight colours at £26 each (lisaeldridge.com).